Lip botox is a frequently preferred cosmetic procedure, especially in the treatment of perioral fine line problems such as lip lines and wrinkles. This procedure, performed using botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A), provides a temporary paralysis of muscle movements, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. In addition, it can be used as an effective treatment method in cases such as oral health problems, teeth clenching, teeth grinding and temporomandibular joint disorders.
The lip botox procedure usually takes 10-15 minutes and is a procedure performed with local anesthetic cream. The pain of the procedure is minimal and the results are quite effective. Lip botox is used to reduce the effects of aging to provide a full and youthful lip appearance. However, it may not be suitable for pregnant or lactating women.
What is Lip Botox?
Lip botox is an aesthetic procedure performed with botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) injected under the skin for the treatment of lines and wrinkles around the lips. BTX-A is also used to treat excessive teeth grinding, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder and spasms around the mouth.
Lip botox procedure, which usually takes 10-15 minutes, is performed with minimal pain. By temporarily paralyzing the muscles, BTX-A reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the lips and prevents the formation of new lines. A cream with an anesthetic effect is applied to the injection area, making the procedure more comfortable for people with pain sensitivity.
Before the lip botox procedure, which is an effective, safe and less invasive aesthetic procedure, factors such as the patient's medical history, allergic reactions and current drug use are taken into consideration. The person performing the lip botox application must be a specialist and licensed health professional.
How is Lip Botox Applied?
During the lip botox procedure, botulinum toxin is injected under the skin considering the structure and function of the orbicularis oris (muscle around the mouth). Injection is done with fine needles, which are usually applied using local anesthetics such as procaine.
In the lip botox aesthetic procedure, botulinum toxin prevents the nerves from sending signals to the muscles, causing temporary paralysis of the muscles. Therefore, botulinum toxin is injected into the muscles around the lips, helping to reduce fine lines (rhytides) and wrinkles. While the lip botox procedure usually takes 10-15 minutes, the pain is usually minimal.
Side effects of botulinum toxin should also be considered during the lip botox procedure. These effects may include pain (perception), swelling (edema), redness (erythema), headache (headache), and sometimes a temporary lower lip appearance (pseudo-ptosis) in the procedure area.
In Which Situations Is Lip Botox Used?
Lip botox, which is used for the treatment of lip deformities caused by labii superioris (upper lip) wrinkles (barcode lines) or hypertrophy (muscle growth) of the circular muscle group orbicularis oris muscle around the mouth, is generally applied for aesthetic purposes to reduce lines and wrinkles on the upper lip. These wrinkles, also known as “cigarette lines”, which are formed especially by the effects of aging, can be temporarily corrected with botulinum toxin injections. Lip botox is also used in the treatment of oral health problems such as clenching, bruxism (teeth grinding), temporomandibular joint disorders. Lip botox can also be used for lip plumping and shaping purposes by being applied for aesthetic purposes.
How Long Does the Lip Botox Process Take?
The lip botox procedure, that is, the process, is usually completed in a short time like 10-15 minutes. While the duration of the procedure may vary depending on the amount of botulinum toxin used and the size of the area to be treated, the duration of the procedure is usually short. For this reason, patients usually have their lip botox procedure done during a time period such as lunch break or before/after.
What is the Healing Process After Lip Botox?
After lip botox (botulinum toxin injection) aesthetic procedure, patients usually experience a rapid recovery period and can quickly return to their daily activities afterwards. Slight redness and swelling may occur at the injection site, these are temporary conditions and disappear within a few hours. However, although it is very rare, bruising can be seen in the application area. This situation also disappears within a few days.
- Patients who have lip botox procedure should avoid excessive mimicry.
- Situations such as lying down or bending over after the treatment should be avoided.
- Within 24 hours, it should keep the mouth clean and dry.
- They should use a moisturizer frequently to keep the lips hydrated.
- Sunscreen can be applied to the lips to protect them from the sun.
- Lip botox needs to be renewed between 3 or 6 months.
Lip Botox Prices 2023
Lip botox prices vary depending on factors such as the experience level of the doctor who will perform the procedure, the location of the clinic, the amount of materials to be used. 2023 lip botox prices may vary from country to country and even from city to city.
What are the benefits of Lip Botox?
Lip botox, which is an aesthetic procedure, gives successful results when applied properly. The most obvious benefits of this procedure are;
- Effective for reducing lines and wrinkles around the lips.
- Botulinum toxin injections prevent the formation of new lines.
- It is also used to treat excessive teeth grinding (bruxism) and some other oral health problems.
- It can also be used for lip augmentation and shaping purposes.
- It’s fast and relatively painless.
- It has a fast healing process.
- It provides a natural and balanced appearance.
- It has a rejuvenating effect.
For Whom Is Lip Botox Suitable?
Lip botox is suitable for everyone who is healthy. However, lip botox is not recommended for those who are hypersensitive to botulinum toxin or any botox by-product, and for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Lip botox is also not applied to those who have had lip surgery before or those who have extremely thin lips. The reason for this is that the lip botox procedure carries the risk of further thinning the already thin lips.
What are the Side Effects of Lip Botox?
Lip botox procedure is a safe aesthetic procedure. There are no serious side effects. The most common side effects are; Mild redness (erythema), bruising (livor), swelling (edema), tenderness (hyperalgesia) or pain at the procedure site. These side effects usually go away on their own within a few days.
What are the Points to Consider After Lip Botox?
After lip botox, you should follow the steps below:
- Do not wash or touch your mouth or lips for 24 hours.
- Keep your head straight for at least 4 hours after the application and avoid the prone position while lying down.
- Do not exercise for at least 24 hours, do not take a sauna or hot bath, and do not consume alcohol.
- Do not use aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs for at least 24 hours, as these can thin the blood and cause bruising.
- Avoid extreme temperatures, avoid sun exposure and stay away from solarium in the first week after application.
- Avoid excessive movements in the first week after application and do not constantly bend or squeeze your lips. Also, avoid kissing to keep the lip plumper in place, especially during the first few days.
- If you feel pain or discomfort, you can use painkillers recommended by your doctor.
- If you experience any serious side effects or complications after the application, call your doctor immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lip Botox
Call us or fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.