Laser Hair Removal
The process of permanently removing unwanted hair within a specified time period is called laser epilation. Laser hair removal is more preferred than other hair removal procedures. Laser epilation is a cosmetic procedure performed by stimulating the area with the effect of rays applied to the area of hair.
Laser epilation is performed in accordance with a plan according to the hair density of the person. After the planning is made, the area to be applied is cleaned and examined by experts according to the hair structure and density, and technical procedures called shooting are carried out with the epilation device. The duration of the laser epilation process varies from person to person. Laser epilation, which varies according to the shape of the skin and hair, and the size of the area to be applied, requires the laser process to be repeated at certain intervals. With laser epilation, the hair root is destroyed for a while and the person reaches a more aesthetically productive appearance.
While laser epilation is being applied, rays are thrown to the skin with the head of the laser device and the skin surface is scanned. Thus, the energy transmitted to the skin by the laser transforms into heat energy in the hairs, and the heat transmitted to the hair follicle softens the hair root and ends it over time. By deforming the cells in the hair root, the hairs are permanently removed. With laser epilation, positive results are obtained in terms of aesthetics and health at the point of eliminating unwanted hair.
Laser Hair Removal
During the application of laser epilation, the hairs in the treated area may have different lengths. From this point of view, it is not possible for laser epilation to remove all hairs at once. The skin structure of the person, hormonal symptoms and differences in hair structure change the duration of the laser process. For example; While areas such as armpits, legs, bikini area are 6-8 sessions; Areas such as the face, arms and back continue for 8-12 sessions.
The time intervals for laser epilation application vary depending on these reasons. However, the session intervals are usually around one or one and a half months. Laser epilation, which can be applied to every part of the body, should not be applied to the existing hairs within 2 weeks before the first application. The most important reasons for this are that both the hardness and density of the hairs are observable, and it is aimed to get healthier results with the laser epilation process.
Laser Epilation Types
Several different types are used in the use of laser hair removal. While the differences between the devices and the settings vary, the types of laser epilation are generally as follows:
- Alexandrite Laser: Alexandrite Laser, with a wavelength of 755 nm, has a large head, so it affects large areas faster than other types and shortens the session time. Pain is not felt with the intense cooling system. After the procedure, unwanted hairs are reduced. It is more effective especially in people with light skin color.
- Diode Laser: Diode Laser with a wavelength of 800 nm is an effective laser for removing fine hairs. Shots are made at very close range. This laser, which is applied in all skin types in general; It is especially effective on ingrown hair roots.
- Nd: Yag Laser: Nd: Yag Laser, known for its wavelength of 1064 nm, is more effective on open and thin hair structures. With this type of laser, which is effective on dark and light skinned people, more pain can be felt than other types of laser.
On Which Parts of the Body Is Laser Epilation Applied?
Laser epilation can be easily applied to the determined application areas with the right device. These regions are specifically:
- Facial Area: Hair growth in the facial area can be genetic as well as due to hormonal imbalances. Existing hair growth on the face can be removed by using a diode laser.
- Mustache Area: Fine hairs in the mustache area can cause discomfort to the person, especially since they are in a region that pays the most attention. Due to the thin and light colored hairs in this area, it is inevitable that the epilation period will be prolonged.
- Chin Area: Like facial hair, chin area hair can also be due to hormonal reasons. The hairs in this area can continue up to 10 sessions on average.
- Underarm: The armpit area, which is one of the frequently used laser epilation areas, is especially preferred by women. Since the existing hair in this area is thicker than other areas, epilation usually takes 4-6 sessions.
- Genital Area: Genital area laser epilation takes an average of 6-8 sessions because the hair in this area is thick and dark in color. The beam used in the genital area laser epilation does not cause any damage to the skin tissue.
- Leg Area: Hair in this area can be seen on the upper leg, especially the lower leg. Since it is the leg area, the area is wider and the laser epilation applied to this area usually takes 6 sessions.
- Arm Area: Laser epilation of the arm area, which is preferred by both women and men, can last up to 10 sessions due to the different structure of the hairs in this area.
- Chest Area: This epilation, which is mostly preferred by men, is possible by reducing the hair in the chest area. In this region, diode or Alexandrite laser types are used more.
- Back Area and Neck Area: This type of epilation applied to the hairs on the back area is more preferred by men in terms of both aesthetics and health. The use of diode lasers in the back area is more common. In the neck area, ingrown hairs and acne are more common. With laser epilation, it is possible to reduce or completely destroy the hair in this area.
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects
Laser epilation is one of the methods applied to remove unwanted hair and hair problem. Since the skin structure of each person is different, the skin should be protected from some side effects. Otherwise, undesirable situations may occur. Burning and staining may occur from time to time after laser epilation. However, this is especially true for sensitive skin and for people who have misapplied. In this respect, the person who will do laser epilation should have expertise and laser epilation should be performed under the control of a dermatologist.
After laser epilation, the treated area should be protected from the sun for up to 3 weeks. Especially in this process, creams with sunscreen factors should be used. Unconscious applications in laser epilation application can cause burns and stains. The important issue here is to make the preferred device settings in the application correctly. Laser epilation gives healthy and aesthetic results when performed by experts in the field and with the necessary knowledge about laser epilation. During the application, it should be protected from the sun and high protection factor creams should be used. Especially as a result of wrong applications, staining is inevitable when exposed to the sun.
Laser Epilation Prices
Laser hair removal prices vary according to the hair structure of the person, the skin color of the areas to be performed, the technique to be applied and the clinic where the procedure will be performed. Laser hair removal prices vary between 100$ and 400$ on average. There are different pricing for both men and women. The reason for this may be the differences between the hair and skin structure of men and women and the selection of the devices applied in the clinics.
The healthiest and clearest information for laser epilation pricing is of course possible by going to the clinic where the procedure will be performed and examining your hair structure and various features you have by a specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Removal
Call us or fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.